Resources for financial planners
Whether your client’s a CareSuper member or you’re looking for information on our products and services, you can find everything you need here.
How to access your client’s CareSuper account information
To gain access to your client’s CareSuper account details, we need their written consent.
They can provide consent in two ways:
- By completing and returning an Authority to access information form, or
- Providing signed authority instructions on your letterhead, by email or post.
To grant you access to the account details as promptly as possible, we require the following regarding the form or authority instructions:
- A copy of your client’s proof of identity must be attached to the form or the authority instructions (this ID doesn’t need to be certified)
- The form is fully completed, signed and dated by your client, and any edits are initialled
- The authority instructions are addressed to CareSuper
- If the authority is to be in place for less than 24 months, you must include the expiry instruction for the authority, signed by the member
- If other staff members within your practice require access, their details must also be included.
Once we’ve received and approved written consent
- You’ll be able to access details of your client’s account for up to 24 months, or the length of time specified on the form or instructions
- Your client will also receive a confirmation letter to let them know
- If an expiry date wasn’t specified on the original form or authority instructions, and you and your client want to extend or shorten it, your client will have to send us further instructions.
Financial planning fees
We’re currently reviewing how we facilitate advice fee payments from member accounts in response to the Financial Sector Reform (Hayne Royal Commission Response No. 2) Act 2021 (Advice Fees and Independence Act), which commenced on 1 July 2021. We’ll update this page once we know more.
Partnering with CareSuper
If you’re an adviser and you’d like more information about partnering with CareSuper, please get in touch. You can contact our Head of Financial Advice, Renae Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.