Sometimes custom-made is the best way to get exactly what you want. That’s why we give you plenty of choice when it comes to the types and amount of insurance you have.
New Member Options
If you join CareSuper through an Employee Plan (usually meaning your employer pays your contributions), you receive a special welcome offer just for joining us.
As long as you’re under 60, you can apply to:
- Add income protection
- Increase death and TPD cover up to seven times your total income*, to a maximum of $750,000.
You’ll need to answer a few simple health questions – which is much easier than going through the full assessment process later. (Your application is still subject to our insurer’s approval.)
But the clock’s ticking on this offer – it’s only open for 90 days from the date you join CareSuper.
Of course, if you need more cover than what’s available to you, or if you’re a Personal Plan member, you can apply anytime via MemberOnline.
Please read your Insurance Guide and Fact sheet (if applicable to you) for all the extra details.
Life events cover
We’ve introduced life events cover for Employee Plan and Personal Plan members from 1 October 2023. Life events cover is a new way you can apply to increase your existing insurance cover at certain stages of your life when your circumstances have changed. You now have access to a special offer to increase your existing death, TPD and income protection cover if you meet certain criteria and experience one of these life events:
- You get married or register a de facto relationship
- You get a divorce or register a separation from a marriage or registered de facto relationship
- You or your spouse or de facto die
- You or your spouse or de facto give birth to, or adopt a child
- Your child commences secondary school
- You take out a mortgage on the initial purchase of your home or you increase an existing mortgage on your home
- You have a milestone birthday of 30, 40 or 50
- You receive an increase in your income (for income protection cover only).
For further information on what criteria and conditions apply and how it works, please refer to your Insurance Guide. You can apply by completing the Insurance application form or by logging in to MemberOnline and going to the ‘Insurance cover’ section.
You can always cancel or change your cover
You can apply to do any of the following:
- Increase or decrease your death or TPD cover in multiples of 25% (up to a maximum of 200% of standard cover)
- Fix your death and TPD cover so the amount stays the same each year
- Apply for income protection cover
- Change your occupational category
- Transfer your cover from another super fund (if you’re under 60)
- Cancel or reduce your cover if it doesn’t suit your needs.
Keep in mind, maximum cover limits apply. These are:
- $10 million for death (this includes terminal illness, which is limited to $3 million), and
- $3 million for TPD.
All applications to change occupational category or increase, fix or add cover will need to be assessed and approved by our insurer, and medical evidence may be required. You’ll find all the details in your Insurance Guide.
Give us a call on 1300 360 149 if you need help changing your cover.
Check how much your insurance costs
See how changes could affect the insurance fees you pay using our insurance calculator.
Deciding how much cover you need
Not sure what insurance is right for you? You can chat to one of our financial planners over the phone at no extra cost.^ Give us a call on 1300 360 149 to set up an appointment or click on the link below.
*Your ‘total income’ is the total salary package value of remuneration received from your employer averaged over the most recent 12 months (including overtime, commission, bonuses and shift allowances, but excluding employer contributions). If you have been working with your employer for a period of less than 12 months, then the total value of remuneration received since you last commenced employment with your employer should be converted to an annual figure. Refer to the Insurance Guide for the full definition.
^Financial advice is offered through CareSuper’s relationship with Industry Fund Services Limited (IFS), and is provided by an authorisation under the Australian financial services licence of IFS, ABN 54 007 016 195, AFSL 232514.