Sometimes custom-made is the best way to get exactly what you want. That’s why we give you plenty of choice when it comes to the types and amount of insurance you have.
New Member Options
If you join CareSuper through an Employee Plan (usually meaning your employer pays your contributions), you receive a special welcome offer just for joining us.
As long as you’re under 60, you can apply to:
- Add income protection
- Increase death and TPD cover up to seven times your total income*, to a maximum of $750,000.
You’ll need to answer a few simple health questions – which is much easier than going through the full assessment process later. (Your application is still subject to our insurer’s approval.)
But the clock’s ticking on this offer – it’s only open for 90 days from the date on your welcome letter or email.
Of course, if you need more cover than what’s available to you, or if you’re a Personal Plan member, you can apply anytime via MemberOnline.
Please read our Insurance Guide for all the extra details.
You can always cancel or change your cover
You can apply to do any of the following any time you like:
- Increase your death or TPD cover by adding more units or a fixed cover amount
- Fix the amount of your death and TPD cover so the amount stays the same each year (or is indexed by a set amount)
- Apply for income protection cover
- Change your insurance category so it better matches your occupation, gives you more cover for the standard premium or reduces the premium for fixed cover and any income protection cover
- Transfer your cover from another super fund (if you’re under 60)
- Cancel or reduce your cover if it doesn’t suit your needs.
Keep in mind, maximum cover limits apply. These are:
- $10 million for death (this includes terminal illness, which is limited to $3 million), and
- $3 million for TPD.
Give us a call on 1300 360 149 if you need help changing your cover.
Check how much your insurance costs
See how changes could affect the premiums you pay using our insurance calculator.
Deciding how much cover you need
Not sure what insurance is right for you? You can chat to one of our financial planners over the phone at no extra cost.^ Give us a call on 1300 360 149 to set up an appointment or click on the link below.
*Your ‘total income’ is the total salary package value of remuneration received from your employer averaged over the most recent 12 months (including overtime, commission, bonuses and shift allowances, but excluding employer contributions). If you have been working with your employer for a period of less than 12 months, then the total value of remuneration received since you last commenced employment with your employer should be converted to an annual figure. Refer to the Insurance Guide for the full definition.
^Financial advice is offered through CareSuper’s relationship with Industry Fund Services Limited (IFS), and is provided by an authorisation under the Australian financial services licence of IFS, ABN 54 007 016 195, AFSL 232514.