It’s our responsibility to protect and maximise your super savings. That’s why we work hard to ensure we’ll always be a sustainable super fund.
- Our Responsible Investing Policy sets out our principles and commitments in relation to responsible investing. As part of this commitment, we integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes and decision-making.
- We are committed to integrating material climate change risks and opportunities into our investment processes. To find out how, see our Climate Change Position Statement.
- We use a range of specialist investment managers across different asset classes and, before deciding to invest with them, we assess their ESG capabilities. Once appointed, we regularly review their processes to ensure they maintain high ESG risk management standards. This includes the requirement for them to identify and assess climate change risks and opportunities in their investment analysis.
- We invest in projects and businesses that contribute to the broader community. These include aged care, schools, healthcare, renewable energy and water-related investments.
- We offer the Sustainable Balanced and Direct Investment options for those members who want to invest in companies with a more specialised focus on ESG activities or who don’t want to invest in certain sectors.
- We’re a signatory to the Tobacco Free Finance Pledge and we aim to exclude tobacco manufacturing companies from all our investments.
- We're a founding member and signatory to the Australian Asset Owner Stewardship Code. To learn more see our Stewardship Statement.
- We exercise our voting rights at company meetings and use our influence to support positive corporate behaviour and drive improved ESG practices. See our Proxy Voting Policy and our voting history for more.
- We participate in the annual PRI reporting framework and measure our responsible investing activities against the results of this report. Read the latest report to find out more.
Joining forces for change
CareSuper works with the following organisations to share knowledge, grow awareness and support ESG initiatives.
|Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI)||Founding member|
|Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)||Signatory|
|Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA)||Member|
|CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project)||Signatory|
|The Global Investor Statement to Governments on Climate Change||Signatory|
|Climate Action 100+||Signatory|
|ESG Research Australia||Member|
|Tobacco Free Finance Pledge||Signatory|