YourSuper comparison tool
It’s important to be in the right super fund. And with the government now conducting annual performance tests, it’s easy to check. (We passed, by the way!)
Compare CareSuper’s performance and fees at the YourSuper Comparison tool.
YourSuper is an interactive online comparison tool that provides a table of simple super products ranked by fees and investment returns, with links to fund websites.
YourSuper is hosted by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Provides a table of simple super products (MySuper products) ranked by investment returns and fees
- Links you to super fund websites where you can choose a MySuper product
- Links to your myGov account to show your current super accounts and prompt you to consider consolidating accounts if you have more than one.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) will conduct the annual performance tests and notify each fund by 1 September each year. They will advise:
- The actual return versus the benchmark return on average (over seven years for 2021 results and over eight years thereafter)
- Net investment performance after administration versus benchmark performance – media fees will be used.
That’s a lot of words – let’s break it down. The actual return is the return delivered by the fund. The benchmark is set by APRA. Each year, APRA will create an individual benchmark for every MySuper product, taking into account its asset allocation, fees, tax and other relevant assumptions.
The test will be set in line with regulations by the Government and administered by APRA. APRA will publish the results of the test.
CareSuper is one of Australia’s leading super funds, with a track record of outperformance over the long term. You can see details of our investment performance on our Investment performance page.
For the first year, the annual performance test will apply only to MySuper products (the low-cost, simple super solution employers choose as their default product). From 1 July 2022, more products will be included in the performance test.