Dr Michael Drew is an Employer Director on the Board of CareSuper, and from 1 July 2022 served as a Consultant to the Board and the Investment Committee. He’s also the Chair of Volunteering Australia, a member of the Investment Advisory Board at the Timor-Leste Petroleum Fund, and a Trustee of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
An experienced financial economist, Michael is a co-founder of Drew, Walk & Co. He’s a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Life Member of FINSIA. He’s also a Professor of Finance at Griffith University, with more than 85 published scholarly papers.
Michael brings to the Board more than 30 years’ experience in financial services and a focus on finance, investments, retirement income, and governance. Before joining the Board at CareSuper, Michael was a Trustee Director at QSuper and Advisor to the Investment Committee at Australian Retirement Trust.
• PhD, Economics, The University of Queensland
• Master of Economic Studies, The University of Queensland
• Bachelor of Economics, The University of Queensland
CareSuper Board committee membership
• Chair, Investment Committee
• Compliance, Audit and Risk Committee
• Benefit Payments Committee (on a rotational basis)
• Merger Committee