Be confident your money is being invested responsibly
At CareSuper we believe companies that act responsibly within the community will perform better over the long term.
The steps we take
It makes sense to consider corporate performance on environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues, along with traditional financial measures.
CareSuper has taken a number of steps to ensure you can be confident your money is being invested responsibly:
- We’ve signed up to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). These principles help improve corporate performance on ESG issues. We believe that putting these principles into practice, and encouraging our service providers to do the same, should lead not only to better long-term financial returns for our members, but will also make a positive difference to the world.
All current signatories who manage funds for CareSuper are noted under the PRI.
- We are a founding member of the Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI), the peak corporate governance body for Australian super funds. ACSI provides independent research and advice to super funds on the environmental, social and corporate governance risk of companies in which they invest. We also use the proxy voting recommendations provided by ACSI.
Find out more about ACSI.
We are a signatory to the Carbon Disclosure Project. This global project asks the top companies around the world to report their carbon emissions and provides this information to investment managers to review before investing.
- We are a member of ESG Research Australia. This encourages broker research into the impact of environmental, social and governance issues on company performance.
We offer a Sustainable Balanced option
- As a CareSuper member you can invest in our Sustainable Balanced option. The Australian and Overseas Shares components of this option favour industries and companies that are considered to have a sustainable future on environmental and/or social grounds.
Our Responsible Investing Policy
- For further details, take a look at our Responsible Investing Policy and learn how CareSuper incorporates environmental, social and governance factors into the investment process.