Getting financial advice
Navigating through your financial future. We’re here to help.
It doesn’t matter how much you have in your super account. Or how much you know about finances. Our financial planners are here to put you in the best possible position for life after work.
Your step-by-step guide to seeking financial advice
If you’re after advice about your CareSuper account, it’s covered by your membership (so there’s no extra cost).* You can get advice as many times as you like on topics like your insurance, investment options, making extra contributions to super, and how much you might expect to have in retirement.
- Book an initial call. Request a call-back or speak to our team on 1300 360 149.
- Meet your financial planner. The first call is about getting to know each other. They’ll ask you some questions about your circumstances, concerns and goals. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the answers or aren’t exactly sure what you need they'll help you work that out!
- Receive your personalised recommendations. Your planner will send you these in writing. They’ll then follow up to arrange a time to meet again and go through the advice with you.
- Review the advice together. This is an opportunity to discuss the recommendations and ask any questions. Remember, your planner is here to help you make informed decisions, without any judgement. It’s all about doing as much as you can, with what you have!
Sometimes our members want advice about non-super matters (like debt management, property or other assets). We can help with that, too. Your planner will be happy to provide a quote for this advice, and you decide whether you’d like to proceed.^#
Get in touch with us today to start your journey
If you’re interested in speaking with one of our planners, you can book a call-back or call us on 1300 360 149. We’re here and ready to help.
Meet our financial planners
Our network of financial planners stretches across Australia and they're ready to help you reach your financial goals, whatever they may be.
* Financial advice obtained over the phone, or through MemberOnline, is provided by Mercer Financial Advice (Australia) Pty Ltd (MFAAPL) ABN 76 153 168 293, Australian Financial Services Licence #411766.
^ Advice is provided by one of our financial planners who are Authorised Representatives of Industry Funds Services Limited (IFS). IFS is responsible for any advice given to you by its Authorised Representatives. Industry Fund Services Limited ABN 54 007 016 195 AFSL 232514.
# If you require more complex personal financial advice, our financial planners, in the course of their initial appointment with you, may refer you to an external advice service provided by Australian Unity Personal Financial Services Limited (ABN 26 098 725 145, AFSL 234459).