Tailor your insurance cover so it suits your exact needs
Any time after joining you can apply to:
- Increase your cover, either by adding more units or adding a fixed cover amount, to a maximum of $10 million for death and $3 million for TPD
- Increase your death and TPD cover by one unit (or the equivalent amount of fixed cover) for specific life events if you are under age 60, without having to provide medical evidence. Eligible life events include marriage, birth of a child or taking out a mortgage on a primary residence. Life events cover is subject to a pre-existing condition exclusion.
- Change your unit-based cover to fixed cover so the amount stays the same each year
- Index your fixed insurance cover so it increases each year by 5%
- Take up or increase income protection (maximum benefit limits apply, see the Insurance Guide for more information)
- Make sure you’re in the right occupational category so you receive the applicable level of cover
- Transfer your cover from another super fund if you are under age 60.
For more information read the Insurance Guide.
Applications for increased cover, other than life events cover, are subject to assessment and acceptance by the insurer.
Insurance subject to medical exclusions or premium loadings may be available if you have an existing condition that prevents you from being eligible for cover. For more information call the CareSuperLine on 1300 360 149.
If you would like to apply for, or increase your level of cover, it may need to be underwritten and approved by the insurer. To apply online simply log on to MemberOnline, go to the Insurance section and select InsuranceOnline.
InsuranceOnline is a secure, convenient way to apply to alter your cover and also provides a calculator to assess how much you might need. To create a MemberOnline account, register online or call the CareSuperLine on 1300 360 149.
You can also complete the Insurance application form.
A financial planner can help you work out how much cover you might need. CareSuper members have access to over-the-phone, super-related advice from qualified financial planners at no extra cost.