Tailor your insurance cover so it suits your exact needs
Any time after joining you can apply to:
- Increase your cover, either by nominating more units or adding a fixed cover amount, to a maximum of $10 million for death and $3 million for TPD
- Change your unit-based cover to fixed cover so the amount stays the same each year
- Index your fixed insurance cover so it increases each year on 1 July by 5%
- Take up or increase income protection (maximum benefit limits apply, see the Insurance Guide for more information)
- Make sure you’re in the right occupational category so you receive the applicable level of cover
- Transfer your cover from another super fund if you are under age 60.
For more information read the Insurance Guide.
Applications for increased cover are subject to assessment and acceptance by the insurer.
The insurer may apply a medical exclusion and/or loading to your cover rather than decline your application. For more information call the CareSuperLine on 1300 360 149.
If you would like to apply for tailored cover, your application will need to be assessed and approved by the insurer, and medical evidence may be required. To apply online simply log on to MemberOnline, and go to the Insurance section.
InsuranceOnline is a secure, convenient way to apply to alter your cover and also provides a calculator to assess how much you might need. To create a MemberOnline account, register online or call the CareSuperLine on 1300 360 149.
You can also complete the Insurance application form.
A financial planner can help you work out how much cover you might need. CareSuper members have access to over-the-phone, super-related advice from qualified financial planners at no extra cost.