Enjoy extra benefits tailored to CareSuper members
GMHBA health insurance
CareSuper members can access discounted premiums of up to 5%* off GMHBA’s Private Health Insurance premiums via the Super Members Health Plan (SMHP) when you take out a combined or packaged (hospital & extras) product. Plus, start claiming straight away on most extras including general dental, physiotherapy and more.^
GMHBA offers a range of hospital, extras and combined covers to suit different budgets and life stages. CareSuper members also have the added convenience of paying by direct debit.
Switching is easy
GMHBA can help you make a hassle-free switch from your current health fund. If you transfer to an equivalent level of cover within 30 days you won’t have to re-serve any new waiting periods.
Avoid paying more tax. If your taxable income is over the amount set by the government, you could avoid paying the extra Medicare Levy Surcharge by taking out one of GMHBA’s hospital covers.
Find out more.
Lock in your lifetime health cover loading. If you’re 31, or about to turn 31, and you don’t have private health insurance with hospital cover by June 30, you could be affected by the Lifetime Health Cover loading.
Find out more.
* 5% discount available to SMHP members who pay by direct debit using a bank account or 3% discount who pay by direct debit by credit card. SMHP members are not eligible for any other discounts.
^2 month waiting periods for rehabilitation, palliative care and psychiatric apply. Other waiting periods such as benefit limitation periods, 6 month optical and 12 month waiting periods for major dental, obstetrics and pre-existing conditions still apply. Offer not available where members held GMHBA cover in the past 12 months. 60 day money back guarantee – if you find better value health insurance within 60 days of joining and haven’t made a claim we’ll refund your money in full.
HCF health insurance
As a CareSuper member, you have access to an exclusive 5% discount off HCF’s corporate health plan. With HCF you can take peace of mind in knowing you’re with Australia’s largest not-for-profit insurer, which means they’ve got your interests at heart. Plus, you could enjoy additional benefits such as:
- Immediate claims process: The usual two and six month waiting periods will be waived for extras such as dental, optical, physio and more.
- Claim more with ‘Limit Boost’: You can top up your annual limit on dental and optical. This comes into effect after 12 months on your extras cover and grows every year up to your sixth year with HCF (conditions apply).
- 100% back on extras: Get 100% back on dental, optical, physio, chiro and podiatry claims from over 12,000 participating HCF providers (up to your annual limit).
- No excess for children
For more information:
Visit HCF’s site for CareSuper members or call HCF on 1800 880 049.
Information used in preparing this update comes from sources considered reliable. However, we do not guaranteed to be accurate or complete and CARE Super Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for errors or omissions.
nib health insurance
When you join the CareSuper Corporate Health Plan on an eligible health cover through our health insurance partner, nib health funds, you can:
- Tailor your Health Packages – combine nib’s Hospital and Extras for a cover that suits you
- Avoid the usual 2 and 6 month waiting periods1
- Make the most of discounts offered to CareSuper members, including up to 10%2 off the cost of your membership when you pay by direct debit from your cheque, savings or credit card account
- Claim up to 75%3 back on the cost of everyday Extras such as Dental, Optical, Physio and more
- Manage your health cover online with nib online services or with nib's smart-phone app.
For more information:
Visit nib's site for CareSuper members or call the nib Customer Care Centre on 1800 13 14 63.
1. Offer applies to new policies when taking out any eligible combined Hospital and Extras package. Longer waiting periods apply for some services including major dental, obstetrics and pre-existing conditions.
2. 10% discount applies to nib’s current product range only. Visit nib’s site for CareSuper members to view this range of cover options.
3. Annual limits apply. 75% benefit applies to nib Top Extras cover.